Wednesday, September 14, 2005

stop motion

I wish there was a way to capture motion in a photograph. (and for all of you smart-asses out there who will point out the existenece of video technology, that's not what I mean). There was so much energy in that moment of spinning, dancing, and moving. And the pictures seem so flat. In one I wasn't even sure what I had taken the photo of, until I remembered the volunteer way up on the hill dancing with abandon as she put in her time on the perimeter. Even the frenetic movement of "just Tom" is lost somehow in that stop time moment. "what's he doing?" I thought at first glance.

There was dancing, and singing and moving to the music in the sun and the rain. It was more magical and full of energy than I could ever hope to capture in a mere photo.

But I wish I could have.

At least I captured my emotion... viewing these pictures somehow released those just fine.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com