Monday, August 29, 2005

even obsession fades

He's not there. He has stopped occupying that space in my head. My thoughts have strayed further and further afield until the circuitous route no longer stops there. Like the fading warmth of summer, the thoughts grew less intense too quickly. Perhaps it is just my brain's way (my heart's way?) of being realistic. The time has passed; the likelihood of seeing him has diminished. Or maybe I'm fickle.

More likely it is my own disappointment in my ill-timed introvertedness; my lack of guts shall we say. I am a bit saddened by my inability to speak up... I wish I'd... but regret is a wasted emotion. So "realism" wins out.

But I guess there's always next year; next summer; next festival... or maybe not.

I am a little fickle, after all.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com