Tuesday, February 01, 2005

words

The other day I mentioned that I don't like the word inappropriate. That I hear a sneer in that word. I've been thinking about whether or not it is odd to have an emotional feeling towards a word. But I can list a gaggle of words that I really enjoy (gaggle being one of those). Words that I like for no other reason than how they roll off my tongue; the sound they make; the image they create in my mind; sometimes simply what they mean is the why I like them.

I remember when I was young, I had it in my head that I wanted to change my name to Alburquerque because I liked how it sounded. (Alburquerque Poindexter Cacdac actually - don't ask - I remember the Poindexter had something to do with the Oliver North scandal, and the Cacdac was a doctor who...did something...??).

I think I might talk about words for a couple days. I've been thinking about them lately. But I don't have enough time to tell you all my thoughts right now...and I'm sure they'll be fascinating. (incidentally I like the word fascination but not really fascinating...what's that about?)

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com