Tuesday, March 02, 2004

I love a good road trip

I went on a small "r", small "t" road trip today. Boy I needed it. Just to remove myself from my routine, escape from the everyday, leave the world and all my cares behind and just drive and listen to music and sing along. And it worked wonders to clear the cobwebs from my head, brighten my mood, bring things into focus. The scenic routes of Alberta are still new to me and I still feel a certain fascination with the quality of light reflecting against the flatness of the landscape; snow meeting sky in a strange melding of white, grey, blue.

I love to roam the roads and highways, and to end up in such a quaint little destination for lunch and window shopping and sight seeing was exactly what I needed today. And even if we went with an entirely different and more mundane purpose, the change of scenery made it a road trip of highest quality!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com