Friday, February 27, 2004

Cocooning

Today I'd like nothing more than to cocoon myself in flannel and fleece. I'd like to unplug the phone and watch bad daytime TV, eating comfort food along the way. Grilled cheese sandwiches and maybe some icecream. I'd like to hide away in my own space not answering to anyone, only to my own whims and fancies. No contact lenses, no clothes that aren't of the above mentioned flannel or fleece, slippers instead of socks.

I want to be isolated from the cold, from people, from the world. Just for a day. Those who know me know it can't be much more than a day. But, unfortunately, it can't be this day. This day is already spoken for.

Maybe tomorrow? Maybe March 9th? Maybe some random too-far-away-day? Maybe.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com