Sunday, October 22, 2006

music to soothe the soul....

Every once in awhile I buy a CD that speaks to me in a way that is very profound. A disc that somehow underscores where I am in a given moment. Music that lives and breathes as though it is a part of me. It doesn't happen very often.

Dan Bern's Breathe is one such CD.

All I'm gonna do is watch the rain today
Bubble down the hill
Maybe it'll tell me something I don't know
Lord knows nothing else will
And I can't complain, no one's died
And all the pain is inside
As I watch the rain fall down from the sky

~from "Rain"

It is helpful to be given the words for how I feel in this moment. Wonderfully comforting to have them already put together for me.

Stop...
Stop what you're doing...
Stop what you're doing and breathe
Stop what you're doing and breathe

~ from "Breathe"

So good. So exactly what I needed.

Thanks Dan.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com