Thursday, October 26, 2006

Another installment of the continuing saga...

..of the surreal world of bingo fundraisers.

Last night I had to chair another bingo to raise money for my theatre. It is part of my job that often conflicts with things I'd actually like to be doing like for instance - watching the first hockey game of the season against the Ducks.

Luckily the bingo ladies now have a TV in the back office and kindly let me watch the game when it wasn't too busy.

So I'm watching and we score (woohooo!) and I'm all happy and then head back to the counter to wait on a young, reasonably hip looking (for bingo) couple. They see that I am happy/excited and look at me questioningly. I say "The Oilers just scored! It's one nothing!"

And they say....

Him: "Who are the Oilers?" Sarcastic
Her: "What do they have to do with bingo?" snarkily

To which I have no response.

I think this may be one of the funniest things ever to happen to me at bingo.



Which is good - because the game ended up being the opposite of funny.
boo.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com