Thursday, March 03, 2005

This is why you shouldn't drink and blog...

I work with the beautiful people. The actors, the rock stars, the artists. I work with them all. And some nights (this night) that makes me feel extremely NOT beautiful. Some nights (this night), I have no idea how I got here... no idea who these people are...no idea what I was thinking - leaving my white coat and fishes behind. I understood the fishes; I knew more about the sea dwelling worms than most normal people. I was endlessly comfortable in my lab, alone, listening to the music and singing to the critters ( not that they noticed my above average taste in music....did you know cows produce more milk listening to country music?)

Tonight is one of those nights. I don't know how I got here, what I'm doing here, who these people are... all I want is to be home, with you, or all of you even... watching a movie, listening to the commentary (not the one on the DVD, yours and yours - because there's always a commentary). Or maybe all I want is to be in that bar at that table because that also feels like home (except on those nights when new people come, sometimes those nights throw me).

Or maybe I just need some sleep.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com