Thursday, February 24, 2005

letting off steam...

I'm glad I have a steam valve.

I mean, I may be a bit high strung. I may end up getting rage-y over certain things. (My boss says I rant very well. He means it as a compliment, he always seems quite amused at my rants.) I may cry (or go all blotchy) at the drop of the proverbial hat. I may be the absolute queen of overwrought emotional responses. I know I can't hide my emotions, no matter what I do, they show on my face, they literally show on my skin for crying out loud... but all these things help me to not put the cork in that bottle.

Because in order to keep things from festering, you have to open up the wound.
In order to prevent something from exploding, you have to let off a bit of the pressure.

I'm glad I do that reasonably easily.
A redhead's temper without the steam valve could be dangerous.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com