Thursday, March 03, 2005

go away. I can't think about this now

How do I evict a thought? How do I rid myself of this inconvenient obsession and get on with things? It is elusive. I can not seem to capture it and put it in a box for later – which would at least suffice for now, since I haven’t the time to deal with this. It creeps in and out of my head with unnatural stealth, only ever leaving for a little while and then returning with a vengeance to interrupt my day’s train of thought.

It’s not that it’s an unhealthy obsession… exactly. It’s just that there’s no recourse right now. Nothing to be done either way to make my thoughts rest any easier. I suppose I should just be grateful that it’s a reasonably pleasant line of thinking; that mostly it makes me smile, once in awhile makes me hum, and moment by moment can make me giggle or my eyes sparkle a little.

It’s just that drifting away that makes it inconvenient. Because I have work to do.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com