Sunday, August 22, 2004

As much as I'd been looking forward to it, as much as I knew it was going to be one of those occasions where I would see everyone I needed to see and be surrounded by love in a way that is hardly explicable, as much as I knew I'd have a good time once I was there... due to the surprise arrival, I was somewhat reluctant to go, a bit sad to miss out on all the surprises I'd kept quiet about for so damn long, even a bit resentful of both of these incredibly happy things happening on the same weekend.

And yet, it was exactly what I needed and everything I could have hoped for.

Two of my good friends were married yesterday in a ceremony both grand and beautiful. The entire weekend bordered on perfection. The music was fabulous, the food delicious and the company both amusing and inspirational. I had the best time; immersed in the love and affection of friends who feel like family, in the joy of the occasion and the simple warmth of being with people who care deeply about one another.

It was a fabulous get away from the everyday.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com