Friday, August 13, 2004

1,000 Goodbyes....

Today I'm thinking alot about goodbyes. Three of my friends are leaving the province over the next couple of days. I found out the other day that someone else very important to me is probably going within a year. And I am sort of in constant state of fear that the wee wench might up and leave us. These things are all making me a bit sad.

Not that goodbye is really ever a permanent thing. Sometimes they come back. I am ever so thankful for the return of certain folks who left before... Sir Nicholas and Mr. Miles in particular.

Sometimes they come back and disappear and come back and disappear again - in strange and wondrous ways. Sometimes you are constantly, tangibly aware of the fact that they are still there....out there... somewhere in the same world as you and that you are still loved and they are still loved, even if you don't hear it (or see it on a screen) often enough. You just know.

I am thankful that this cyber world we live in lets us keep in touch more easily, in spite of these goodbyes. I am also thankful for the people who have come and gone... and hope to see them again soon.

Big hugs to Mike, Paula and Allison. Safe Travels and Much Love.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com