Wednesday, August 11, 2004

running time running

How did the summer get here - to this point? This far? Almost over? It seems I blinked and missed a month somewhere along the way. So much anticipation for a season that speeds by filled with festivals and picnics, disc golf games and backyard bonfires (what happened to all of those?). What happened to our camping trip to the mountains before they left? They're leaving too soon now... the best laid plans and all that.

Who ever thought that summer was the time to slow down, take it easy and relax did not understand how much there is to do! How much music, how many friends to hang out with, how much dancing needs to be done! I want this, I want all of it! But I want time to stop running, slow the pace a bit, let me breathe in these moments in the sun at a more leisurely pace, let me soak in the last few days with them nearby and the sun beaming down. Can time do that? I'm not asking for a standstill, a freeze frame....just a few extra seconds, a few more moments in the sun.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com