Sunday, July 18, 2004

Flash.....boom

I love the rolling thunder in the distance. I love the flashes of light. Sheets that illuminate that corner of the sky, or the whole sky, the whole world maybe.... and chains, crazy randon jagged chains that hit, presumably, somewhere...or come up from the ground out into the atmosphere. I've always loved a storm whether from a balcony as it rolls past in the distance or from the car windows as we drive through the rain across the city.

"Most chain lightning actually moves up from the ground, did you know that?" he asks.

"Yes" I reply, not really considering if this science is accurate because I am busy filling my senses with how much he makes me smile.

We ooh and aahh over the light show for the whole (too short) drive home and I wonder if there is ever going to be a time when his answer to my "Wanna chase it?" is a spontaneous "Yes, let's go!" instead of an amused shake of his head.

And then I wonder if maybe that is a bigger question than it seems, and for my drive home alone, my mood becomes echoed in the grumbling of the sky.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com