Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Landlocked mermaid swimming home...

So I'm going home in a little over 5 weeks. To my childhood home. Well, my all-my-life-up-until-three-years-ago-home. I mean I lived different places in the Maritimes, even a different province (but let's ignore that part) but I always lived in the Maritimes - never more than 20 minutes from an ocean view. Up until three years ago...coming up on that anniversary too but we'll leave that for another day.

I'm going home for my best friend Janet's wedding. She's marrying a guy from Puerto Rico and his family is coming north for the wedding. Not only am I looking forward to the wedding ( oceanside of course) and to seeing all the folks who I miss from home (including - maybe - an ex but again a story for another day); but I'm also really excited about helping Janet play hostess to a bunch of people who've never been to Canada. I get to play tourist and tour guide all at once! (And practice my very rusty Spanish at the same time!)

So far the agenda includes whale watching, sea kayaking, the obligatory Peggy's Cove trek, likely a Concert on the Hill and some Canada Day fireworks! It's been awhile since I've enjoyed the bounty of ocean-y delights in the summer months. I'm pretty psyched! If I remember correctly, it's quite different than at Christmas time.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com