Sunday, May 09, 2004

deliberate transparency

FYI: My last post was not supposed to be a mystery. Anyone who knows me would likely know exactly who and what I was talking about. It was simply my way to say what I wanted to say in a more public and lasting way.

I generally don't use names here, for a variety of reasons but mostly I just think they're unnecessary for the purpose, my purpose, of this blog. If someone reading this knows me and my life well enough to know the exact situation or person that I'm talking about - then they don't really need the names. And if someone reading this doesn't know me or my world on that personal level... well, the names would be meaningless wouldn't they?

But if it's necessary here it is: synopsis of previous post without the sentiment:

My friend Jess (The Milkcrate) has a boyfriend who is moving away. He is moving to a city I happen to like quite a bit and so my sadness that he is moving is also mixed up with a bit of excitement for him. I was thinking about all of it (plus some history that I choose not to write about here) and the fact that I haven't really verbalized it the way I'd wanted to. So I wrote it here, in my blog, where I write things that I think about, and things I feel, for other people to read (or not read).

So that's it - in black and white. Maybe it was unnecessary to explain this. Maybe I'm taking something the wrong way. Maybe it was just sarcasm gone awry. But I honestly felt hurt and like I needed to explain or justify or defend what and how I write here. Maybe I just don't take criticism well, but I suddenly felt like an indie CD with too-large-print on my spine.

I kinda hope I'm just taking it the wrong way.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com