Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Two fifths

Have you ever had someone play for you? Play the music you love, your very own set list? Even in a crowded bar (although you may be the only one listening)you know that they play for you.

I had that tonight, from two of the five members of my favorite band to ever grace a stage. My very own show. It was exactly what I needed on this night when I disappeared, with the overwhelming need to be "alone." And yet I found my way to them as I have a hundred times before in some combination or another. In one way or another.

They are home to me. These songs. Those players. That music.

Maybe this is a better explanation than I've ever given to why I love them so much, why I never tire of them. Maybe this is what I should say the next time someone (inevitably) asks.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com