Sunday, August 27, 2006

Soundtrack of my previous life

I put in the CD absentmindedly, just looking for some accompaniment to my cleaning and purging of the junk in my apartment. Ironic I guess, that as I purged pieces of my past, my choice of music brought vivid memories of some of my happiest times.

I remember so vividly the men in suits and the ladies dressed to the nines coming out to dance - for this was true dancing music; real dancing, dancing with partners in perfect sweaty joy. Swing. Jump blues. For a moment in my life that's what it was all about. I remember the five of them on stage in their suits with their hair just right - pompadours the perfect height. I remember the basslines and the drum solos and the way his smooth voice made it all so very sexy. I remember getting caught in an elevator. I remember maritinis. I remember.

God we had fun.
How could I have forgotten?

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com