Monday, July 31, 2006

after

Too tired for giddy.

It was one of those weekends (weeks?) where there was just too much to take in, too many contacts made and renewed, relationships altered, strengthened. Real time. A long-awaited introduction. A love affair rekindled. Too much music to even begin to give it all it's chance. Laughter, tears, something old, something new....

I don't have giddy in me. I have a quiet contented satisfaction I cannot explain combined with the smallest touch of odd disappointment. Just the smallest touch, enough to make it all seem real, which somehow makes the disappointment a good thing. If I make any sense at all?

The overwhelming desire to say "You had to be there" but I hate that - of course you had to be there - of course I had to be THERE, as well, but wasn't. (Too bad about no cloning.)

My comfort zone feels a bit tight today. I think I need a good night's sleep - then maybe my words will make more sense. The maybe my head will be on a bit straighter and my emotions not so chaotic.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com