Thursday, December 16, 2004

I don't know why this bugs me so much...

So a bar in the city where I live is having a big bash on New Year's Eve and they're calling it "Mardi Gras."

My question is: Are they stupid? Or do they actually think "mardi gras" translates to "big party"? I don't get it. Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) is not an arbitrary date or event. It's the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday...or if you want to loosen it up a bit - it's the carnival season in New Orleans lasting from mid January until midnight on Fat Tuesday.

It's NOT just some random day when you throw a big party!

(I really don't know why this had me so worked up... I was also planning a rant about the fact that in The Scorpion King, The Rock is from a group called the Akkadians but then I looked it up and there really was an ancient tribe called Akkadians.... but Mardi Gras is Mardi Gras damn it!)

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com