Friday, May 28, 2004

Festival buzz...

This time last summer the buzz was just starting. Almost indiscernable, it was just a subtle thing, haunting my ears. Not really a sound but a vibration nonetheless that would build and build on itself until that wonderful weekend in August that I wait for all year. And then, for those four days it was a full fledged vibe, a buzz of sound and movement and energy that slowly dims over the long winter, only to build again when the warm weather hits. God I love that weekend. I can't wait for it this year either, though for me the vibe is once again a slightly different thing.

But another energy is surging around me this year. An earlier buzz laying claim to my ears. A different vibratto energy punctuated with laughter and emotion and ( ok, I admit it) a wee bit of stress. Like last year but different, building to a different climax. It is still that sense of happy anticipation mixed with a dash of anxiety in just the right balance so that you can smile when it all comes together.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com