Thursday, May 27, 2004

A note to the numerous...

I want to sit on a bustling patio and drink slushy drinks with you.
I want to talk about everything and nothing for hours while we watch the people go by.
Or maybe I want to share a frosty beer in the corner booth in a pub, toasting the summer but isolated from the world.
I want to hide in a refreshingly air conditioned movie theatre with you, playing hooky from life for hours at a time.
I want to sit on a picnic blanket with you, watching people play frisbee or soccer in the park while we eat watermelon and strawberries.
Or maybe I want to play frisbee (or a round of disc golf) with you.
I want to climb on playground equipment, giggle on the teeter totter, swing on the swings and be silly with you.
I want to walk on a beach with you: getting our feet wet for the first time this summer. I want to sit on the rocks and watch the waves and talk (or not talk) with you... for days maybe...
I want to go on a road trip with you. Pick a destination and we'll go - listening to and talking about music as the road stretches out behind us.
Or maybe I just want to stay at home with you, curled up on the couch watching movies and eating popcorn while the world spins on around us.

Or maybe I just miss you. Maybe I feel that our time together has not been of the highest quality...or quantity ....lately.

....and maybe I can just think of a million things for us to do because we have no time to do it.

Note: this started about one person and became about many people. I think it's yet another cry for help from out of the busy.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com