Friday, April 23, 2004

Sappy vs. romantic ... and other tirades

I am sappy. I write wistful and sad posts about people (and places) far away. I also write happy, affectionate and often thankful posts about people I love. Jess (currently) writes romantic posts about a relationship she is in and the person sharing that with her. She, of late, is romantic.

I do not write romantic posts. Most of you who read this are very aware that I have not had romance in my life for A VERY LONG TIME!

I could very easily descend into a tirade about the fact that men should wear signs (i.e. "It may not be obvious but I have a girlfriend", "In spite of my lack of style, I am gay" or "I have too much going on in my life to date right now"); and why oh why do they act so charming and flirtatious when they don't mean it; and is it a date or isn't it.... I could descend into said tirade on a pretty much daily basis (hourly?) but I figure that my sad state of alone-ness (I am not lonely, I have too many wonderful people and too much going on in my life to be lonely) is not worth a daily update.

That said, every once in awhile I may write about a person of the male persuasion in a way that may make it seem like I think of them in a romantic way. If I do, from now on, when it becomes apparent which of the above signs he should be wearing - I'll let you know.

Who said romance was dead?

NOTE: this post started out as the result of a series of posts and comments that have been on this blog and the Milkcrate and the Wishful guy's blog. (I am lamely not directly linking any of them here - go to the links over there ---->). It stopped being about that in the second paragraph. That's when the sappy turned to bitter, through no fault of outside parties.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com