Sunday, January 11, 2004

this one's for you...

This is not enough. These words on a screen that pass for dialogue between us. In spite of the fact that these conversations make my day, week, month and I eagerly await your next cyber-visit and in spite of the enjoyment I get from our not-often-enough conversations across the phone lines, they simply do not measure up to the other...

Seeing that mischevious smile on your lips and the sparkle in your eye as you tease about something or other. Hearing your voice call me the things only you call me, breaking into random movie dialogue with that other one (sometimes now it seems I have half of something here - your other half must miss you at least as much as I do ) ALL of your voices entwined in that language of the far away Island - indecipherable to the uninitiated once you gain speed! Feeling your arms around me in the simple gesture of a hug - so necessary in my world and so easily accepted by you as part of me. (thank-you). Even the silliest reminder - the trivia question that I know you'd know the answer for, lemonade, the fact that the others have made the journey back...

These things all make the hole you left even bigger. And although I know you have grand adventures ahead and others who love you at least as much as you are loved here, I sometimes find myself pouting and resentful of your absence. It's not my best face and I try not to allow myself to wallow in it.

But you are missed, beloved. And not just by me alone. Carry that with you on your travels. Keep us in mind (and in your heart) as we keep you in ours. Excercise those typing fingers at every opportunity, the send button is never hard to find.

And we'll see you soon.
hugs.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com