Saturday, November 29, 2003

Ocean Blue

Maybe he's right. Maybe I do actually need it. Maybe my world just makes more sense when I can hear the waves crashing against the rocks in the rhythm of a never ending heartbeat. Maybe my body just feels better when my face is caressed by the always cold salty spray. Maybe my mind is clearer when thoughts can be washed clean by a deep breath of salt air.

That would explain why, on days like this, all I can think of, dream of, wish for, is a walk down that crescent of sand, perhaps stopping for a time to sit on a rock and gaze out on the vastness in blue that is my ocean. Maybe I could curl up in that protected shelter of stone (you know the one) where, if the sun is warm, a perfect nap can be had.

I wonder if he may be right - if my landlocked existence might really drive me mad. Because on days like today, I crave it with such palpable strength that I am driven to distraction and I can no longer deny it. On days like today I think I would trade it all - even the music - for that breath of salt air and the kiss of the spray as I listen to the waves crash.... crash....crash...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com