Monday, November 17, 2003

New Moon on Monday...

Duran Duran. Band of my pre-teen heart; songs I can still recognize from their opening beats, a whisp of the bassline or plink of a synthesizer note; faces that made up the wallpaper in my bedroom - torn from Tiger-beat, Teenbeat, Bop and whatever other crazy little magazines I could get my hands on; purveyors of the grandest videos ever (some would argue, or at least the grandest of their time...). My first bass player crush.

They played Friday night in Toronto. A bar show that sold out in 10 minutes over a month ago. My cohorts and I spent most of last week lamenting the fact that Toronto was their only stop - and we are not there. But oh the walk down that memory lane was a pleasant one. In a room with like minded (and similar aged) girls... it was so easy to share in the nostalgia, even though none of us had met back then - scattered as we were over the vastness of (not only) this country, easy to be transported back to that time of giddy fascination...

I guess I've dated myself now. But I don't care. I just read a review of the show - it sounds as though it was one for the books, the boys have aged well apparently. What I would have given...

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com