Sunday, November 09, 2003

oh dear, what have I done?

Wow, that was wierd.

I was wondering what a certain old friend was up to these days, someone I hadn't talked to in awhile, who was part of a rather...shall we say turbulent... part of my life. And through the magic of cyberspace (and due to the fact that I was little bored), I decided to see if I could find him. I know on all the TV shows they show people googling potential dates or people they meet but it still feels kind of sneaky to me in a way. Nosy. But this person is in a profession where you tend to be quite visible, where chances are, you have a website and lo and behold there he was. Looking exactly the same.

So I've found him, now what? Well I emailed him! And now I'm paralyzed with the thought that this wasn't such a good idea.

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions this is NOT an Ex. Nor is it someone I would want to date (although I may have at one time wanted to). But he IS connected to a part of my life I've been studiously avoiding since I left it. And now I've reached back there... it's a strange step for me to take at this time... a scary step.

But maybe it'll all get lost in cyberspace...maybe he won't get the email... maybe he won't reply... maybe there's nothing to worry about.

yikes.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com