Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Ta da! Here I am!

I have these two friends who blog. I affectionately call them (well, alot of things but in this instance...) my Walking Wordsmith and Mr. Thesaurus. They're "artists". The kind of writer I am not. WW's was my first blog that I read regularly and whew, she's intimidating! And then, through a strange set of introductions, Mr. Thesaurus (who was called that long prior to his blog) set up his own blog. Now these are lovely and thoughtful and phonetically challenging blogs that I read fully and completely to keep up with the wonderful writings of two people I am intensely fond of. They are like wee windows into parts of them that are not fully revealed in everyday conversation, they are poems by my favorite poets, songs by my favorite songwriters.... you get it - I like them.

BUT. (Didn't know I was heading for a but did you?) The fact that I had these crazy and wonderful bloggers around me has hindered me in a way I am not proud of. I've been, yes, intimidated by their greatness! I have yet to make this blog "public" - in that grand scheme of the internet. I mean, maybe some people have come across it by chance but I haven't put it out there, haven't given anyone the link, or any such self promotional thing.

But I've decided I will. Today in fact!

And perhaps my blog will not be as lyrical or full of lovely words as theirs, and perhaps it will have too many commas... but I am generally a "tell it like it is" kind of person, sometimes even "appallingly honest" (sorry, couldn't resist ;-) ) and I'm thinking that's how my blog will be. Mostly pretty simple, lots of random thoughts, opinions, maybe a review or two of theatre or music since I do those things.... a hodge podge of musings - as I said in the beginning...

So here we go!

Tada!

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com