Thursday, November 10, 2005

what I want to do when I grow up.

I've been thinking alot about what it would be like if I could make enough money to live on with the weird array of stuff that I do to help the people who make the music. I think that would be swell. I think it would be the thing that I could do that I wouldn't want to quit every three weeks or so. I think the passion that I feel for it would keep me going, keep me happy and the variety of the work (and people) would keep me challenged and keep me from being bored.

I do realize that this is a stretch. That this would be a difficult way to make my living. That it can never be my sole income (but could it be my soul income?). So I will likely continue with this combo-platter of a life where I make my main income here at the theatre (which on many days I do truly love), and fill in the gaps with music stuff and the other bits I dabble in...

On the odd day I think about chucking the whole idea of working in the arts and going back to the lab, making money and being perpetual arts volunteer girl again. There are days when I think that's the right tack to take... athough they are few and far between.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com