Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Yes, that's EXACTLY what I meant!

Excerpt from an article from Eye magazine in Toronto wherein Luke Doucet explains something I have tried to explain a million times. From now on I will use this story.

"...
We start discussing the reasons people listen to music in the first place. Then Doucet tells this story:

"I remember being a kid and getting a skateboard for Christmas," he recounts. "It was made of some kind of red translucent vinyl. You could hold it up to the light and see it shine through, but there was a pattern etched into the top, not unlike the patterns on a linoleum floor. My favourite thing when I first got it was holding it up to a 60-watt light bulb and looking through it, thinking, 'This is my skateboard and isn't that colour amazing?' And I think that's why people listen to music: they don't know why, it just looks cool, or sounds cool, or makes you feel good."

..."

For me, it's just that simple.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com