Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ever have one of those moments where you are so filled with happiness and contentment that you actually think: "OK, if I die right now, it would be ok. If this is my last moment here on earth I couldn't have asked for more." ?

Last night was a string of those moments for me. Not really anything special (other than our first major gathering at a friend's new house); not that different from the norm (other than a sneak peak at the wedding dress); not even that over the top in either the "party" or the celebratory nature of the whole evening. Just overwhelming love and happiness and contentment... to the nth degree.

I've noticed that many such moments for me involve being surrounded by friends, family, and especially these friends who have become like family.... often there's a backyard...maybe a guitar or two. Those are my favourite moments. The ones when I think it'd be ok if the world simply stopped.


I know, I'm a sentimental old fool... so sue me. There are worse fates.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com