Monday, February 14, 2005

this moment of geek...

Alternate title: I'm a big nerd but so are most of the people I know

So the theatre where I work is running a fundraiser and there's this thing where we've sent out wine labels to famous people and we're hoping they'll sign them and send them back, whereupon we will affix them to wine bottles and auction them off....

So far a few famous people have sent things back... the mayor, Margaret Atwood, Paul Gross... people like that. But today I opened an envelope and gasped. I held the envelope open gingerly and didn't touch the actual label... I brought the envelope to show others who were also very excited by the contents. This was definitely the best wine label so far.

The signature: Leonard Cohen.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com