Saturday, October 23, 2004

tonight I saw a ghost

Tonight you came to my show. I am sitting here, almost paralyzed, because I want to wait until the show is over and discuss it with you. But that won't happen (it's not really you in there after all, but your eerily similar doppelganger).

When you came in to pick up your tickets the other day, my heart skipped a beat when I looked up and there you were. An unconcious grin spread across my face even as my brain processed that it was impossible for this person to be you. There was, in fact, no way that your hair had grown that much since the last time I saw you (although I inspected those roots as closely as I could to determine whether the dreadlocks were extensions). And on closer inspection, the eyes were wrong... blue, not brown...

...but for that one moment when I thought it was you, when my eyes recognized you standing there, before my brain caught up....my heart was filled with an almost uncontainable happiness. I was almost giddy... in that moment.

I wonder if he thought my familiarity was a bit creepy? I hope I didn't freak him out. And even tonight, after processing him as someone who is not you, I still spoke to him as if I knew him... I couldn't help myself. At least I didn't run out to hug him.

And I cannot stress enough how much I wish it had been you.

much love beloved.
Maybe our paths will cross soon.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com