Thursday, September 30, 2004

inconvenient insomnia

I have had severe insomnia only about four times in my life. I internalize stress and eventually, certain stress manifests in sleep distruption. I am more prone to feeling like I need more and more sleep than to not being able to sleep at all and I am therefore not very good at dealing with this strange lack of sleep. I am stumbling through my days; days that should be fun and excitement-filled, days where I need to be focused and task-oriented; days where I have an awful lot to do - but an awful lot that would usually be kind of fun. I have found myself, this week, unable to catch 40 winks...not even, say... 10 or 12 winks... and the night before last, not a wink at all.

I really don't have time to be overtired.

I am giving you these somewhat mundane details of my sleep habits because along with this lack of sleep has come an overwhelming melancholy, almost a depression... infecting my every move, and every word I write, including here.

So if I seem sad... I'm just unbelievably tired. And if you have any remedies for this insidious insomnia... please let me know. ( I've tried the ones at my disposal, they only work for about an hour then it's BING wide awake again).

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com