Wednesday, September 15, 2004

she's going home...

Well, she's going to my home. My childhood home. I'm a little jealous.

My friend Jess is heading east. Waaaay east (though not quite all the way). But she will be breathing the salt air and listening to the waves on my ocean. She will feel the deck of a boat as it sways under her feet. She will see and hear the sails unfurl (teehee) as the Bluenose heads out of port. She will see the vibrant red of the first autumn leaves. She will partake of fresh fish and even fresher beer at the Lower Deck, listening to authentic East Coast tunes (do a jig for me).

I'm a little jealous. And also a bit wistful. And I wish I could see her face when some of this stuff happens - I love seeing people as they see my ocean for the first time (or at least the first time from that side). And I think her eyes will shine pretty and bright (for many reasons - say hi to that one for me).

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com