Thursday, October 20, 2005

It just seemed natural

I didn't even think about it. Didn't contemplate how it would affect my day, didn't sigh in frustration, didn't wish I didn't have to. I just did it. There is simply no way I would have said no. It was hard and sad and she kept apologizing over and over for asking me, for needing me... but honestly, there was no thought process involved on this one. It was just the thing to do.

It was pointed out afterward (by a third party) how grateful she was but I really didn't think that was necessary and that thought made me a little embarassed.

I am thinking about it now, and trying to absorb the compliment and be conscious of the idea because early last week I was questioning my ability to be a good friend and then the world handed me an (unfortunate) opportunity to be one. And I want to try and be as aware of my good moments as I am of my bad ones.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com